Monday, October 13, 2008

Tennis Anyone?


As some of you know, my sister is an avid tennis player. I however, being the youngest, did not get the luxury of tennis lessons as a child. So, I watched her play and fooled around(not literally)with the ball and racket and occasionally play with some friends. I really enjoy it.

I have been giving some thought to joining a league. I even have called to play with a pro at my club to try to get a rating. Now, with all my sister's interesting stories and DRAMA, I am hesitant. So, I began asking around. Today, a woman that I do Basic Training with said that she is taking a year off because of all the craziness.She was a captain for nine years and said it was so crazy that she needed a break from it all.

I need some opinions. Do I just continue to play casually or throw myself to the wolves? I do like a little competition, but is it worth the headache?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't play any organized sports, but if you like tennis, give it a shot and see how it goes. You can always quit.

Anonymous said...

You can take tennis lessons and play in a group but not competively.
That's when it gets ugly.

Janine / Being Brazen said...

If you really enjoy it I think you should keep playing. It can become ugly when it gets competitive - But you can just keep it casual and not play in any competitions.

Its a healthy sport and there is no need to throw in the towel just because soome people take it way more seriously than you :)

Caffeine Court said...

I say go for it! Start playing competitively and if you want to join a team do it.

If you start hating it then stop playing team tennis. The drama can actually be fun and it's a great motivator.

DO IT! DO IT!! DO IT!!!