Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nothing Basic about this Training


 Well, I did it , I had a great year of relaxing, enjoying margaritas, parties, trips, family adventures, and even my fair share of life's little stresses. Unfortunately, along with all that came 20 not-so-lovely pounds, yes 20 in a year!!!! So with no breast feeding ahead of me to shred the ugly bulge I had to do something drastic. That is what brings me to Basic Training and a man named Andre, who likes to torture us Moms (and a few brave Dads) with his smiling face and exercises that literally bring you to your knees. I have to ask, what did we do to you Andre? Really, we were just taking care of our families, volunteering at school, making dinners, doing laundry, keeping up on current affairs, carpooling, blogging, working, enjoying friends and trying to be green. So, we did not make time for exercise and now we are paying. I am discovering muscles that I only heard  about in Anatomy and Physiology. I never actually wanted to feel them!! But I do, and I will return on Monday, 3 days a week for the drudgery, because in the end, after the hour is over I feel better, energized and ready to take on whatever comes my way. Goodbye 20!!!


BUCK UP ALL YOU READERS AND GIVE ME A COMMENT, I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT HERE!!! Or get down and give me 20:)

5 comments:

Caffeine Court said...

You go girl, feel that burn!!! Work it baby!! Yay you!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I need to lose 40, but I am quite lazy these days, so we'll see.... And nice to meet you, I'll be back to check out your blog. Jill sent me, btw! I need comments on my latest post about birth orders, so come on over! :-) www.dashofcrazy.blogspot.com

The wife said...

Welcome to blogland! I can't wait to read the adventures of basic training...I'm too chicken to do it myself!

Anonymous said...

Can't take it u just started your Blog and although I am very happy 4 u I am jealous u already have a following. Caffeine Court gave u such a cute introduction.
I am going to change my Blog's name from sixtysomethin to CHOPPED LIVER.
Oh I have lost 10 lbs since 8/2 are you proud of Mommie Dearest

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Welcome! I need to lost at least 10-15 lbs. My dad died last year and I've done almost 10 months of solid emotional eating. Yikes.

Again, welcome!